Portfolio of Experiences
- Retired from the teaching profession.
- Taught children in all grades from Junior Kindergarten to Grade Six
- Taught children with special needs including speech and language
- Worked as a Primary Consultant with local School Board
- Made numerous professional presentations to teachers, parents, and principals, both locally and provincially
- Presently provide storytelling programmes for children, parents, and teachers, as well as; school councils, daycares, and libraries
- Presently provide storytelling programmes for adults in community organizations, such as; church groups, service clubs and home meetings
- Have designed and written custom made resource guides for teachers, caregivers, and parents to help their children with reading and with speech and language needs
- Organized the Original Griffin Literacy Project connecting community volunteers with schools to make storytelling props for children and teachers.
- Live with my family on a small farm and care for a number of animals. My hobbies are: gardening, doing crafts, sewing, and meeting with friends for lunch.
Knowledge and Experiences To Be Shared
- Present small group or individual class storytelling sessions for students and teachers
- Provide literature-based teacher resource guides that incorporate plans and activities based on curriculum expectations
- Describe and demonstrate ways to supplement school based literacy programmes through storytelling, music, and drama
- Conduct half day storytelling, drama, and art sessions for students
- Provide adult sessions for community organizations and schools
- Provide teacher in-service workshops for literacy, storytelling, and drama
- Work with school based teams to help incorporate literacy programming into their official school plan